Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Review: e.l.f. Zip Zapper


What: "This special clear formula helps to fight and prevent acne, reduce redness and swelling, minimize pore size and clear skin. Zap zits away with the unique blend of Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel and Camphor."

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Salicylic Acid 1%
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) Distillate, Alcohol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark Oil


... Natural ingredients! :)

Where: I purchased mine at my local Target, but you can also purchase this online.

Price: An unbelievable price of only $1.


Application: I just roll it onto areas that have pimples after I cleanse my face (morning & night). It only takes a few seconds to dry; afterwards, I just go on with my routine.



Pros:
- The application process only takes a few seconds as all you have to do so roll it on. So it's great if you're always in a rush or do not want to hassle with an hour skincare routine.
- Works fast! My pimples were noticeably reduced in swelling and redness after the first use. It takes 2-4 days for my pimples to go away now! Without products, it would take over a week!
- Since it's so inexpensive, you won't be losing much if it doesn't work out for you.
- Packaging is as thick as a fat highlighter, so it takes little room to carry around.

Cons:
- The first time I used it, it stung my skin for a few seconds, but it didn't sting my little brother when he first used it. So I guess it depends on your skin. (It doesn't sting now)
- It does have a smell to it but I don't personally mind it at all.
- As you can see on the left picture, I noticed that there was these brown stuff below the rims of the applicator. I have NO idea what it is.. it was there when I opened the package. But I washed it so it's clean now... I took the risk and used it anyway, and.. well.. no bad side-effects here! Hehe.
- Since this contains some alchohol, it tends to be a bit drying or makes your face tighter. So moisturize afterwards (even though you should already be doing that).

*I noticed that it ONLY works on pimples and does nothing for blemishes.. Boo! But it's fine since it doesn't claim to do anything for blemishes ;o I like this product so much that I bought some backups of it just in case Target decides to not carry it anymore ;)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Tina! I love ELF products and knew this existed but the expensive shipping always makes me cringe.

    I think I'll head out to Target one of these days to pick up some of these amazing babies!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jenny, I agree! Shipping is expensive >.< I also think that a lot of people have negative opinions on the brand just because it's so inexpensive :(

    I hope you're able to grab one!

    ReplyDelete