Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hair Dye: Revlon Colorsilk in Dark Soft Brown


Click to Purchase
I'm the type of person that likes change. I annoy myself to the point where I piss myself off if I stay the same for too long. I have this need to always be different; to stand out from the crowd. I'm always changing. I would dye my hair a different color--the craziest color I've ever done was pink, and girllll, I loved it! I would change my fashion style, hairstyle, my nail polish color changes every week, and how drastic I would do my make-up. It wasn't long ago that I decided to chop off 14inches of my hair into an A-line Bob. *I donated the hair to Locks of Love btw, it's a good cause :)* Now I'm growing out my hair to chop it off all over again, haha! 

Well anyway, it's been a been two months since I last dyed my hair, so I decided to go *normal*. My go-to hairdye brand has always (9 years) been Revlon Colorsilk (if I do it at home and not at a salon). 

Pros:
- Affordable~ it costs $3~4. Which is great for me since I dye my hair so much.
- Easily accessible- found in all drugstores, Walmart, Target, Amazon
- Large range of colors
- Has a collection made specifically for darker hair (purple box)
- Works great!

Con:
- Smells... but what hair dye doesn't?

Anyway.. no more chatter. Here's the before:

Before- My hair was bright orange-red

and....... AFTERRR! dundundundunnnnnn!

After! It's a dark rich brown.
The hint of red is expected since my hair was so bright before ;)

One box of hair dye is enough for my "thin" shoulder length hair. I quoted "thin" because my hairstylist thinned out my hair :P Mmm.. the color looks.. normal right? Haha~ well, I'm not used to it. I think darker hair makes people look more pale ;o. Full profile picture coming soon... when I have makeup on, eheh ;)

My Roots- Before
My Roots- After

2 comments:

  1. so beautiful! how long did you leave the dye in your hair? please respond soon! ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally leave it on for 20-30 minutes :) Not for any particular reason.. I just get busy and forget about it, haha!

      Delete