Friday, April 8, 2011

Urban Decay Primer Potion vs. e.l.f Mineral Eyeshadow Primer


The cult favorite Urban Decay Primer Potion versus the cheap elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer. Who will be the victor? 

The differences between the two:
- Price. UDPP is $18 while the elf primer is $3. Now, I don't know about you guys, but that is a HUGE price difference. 

- Packaging. UDPP is bulkier while elf is a slim lipgloss. I forgot to take a picture of the wands, but elf's is like a regular lipgloss wand, and UDPP is a slanted wand. A lot of people complain about UDPP's packaging because you would have to cut it open to use up all the product in this vial shaped package (but of course that's why UD came up with a squeeze tube which costs a tad bit more).

- UDPP is thicker and more yellow while elf is runny and light in color, but they both come out sheer once blended. Although I do find that elf blended more easily than UDPP.

- UDPP is more accessible than elf, since you can buy it at Sephora, Ulta, Macys, or their website. The only place (that I know of) where you can buy elf products is at Target or their website (eyeslipsface.com). FYI, I ordered mine online.

*I threw away the package for e.l.f so I have no idea how much the e.l.f product contains :P Woops.


 I applied the same amount on both eyes, and you can clearly see the difference in texture and color by the picture above. *I applied my foundation (Revlon ColorStay) and setting powder (Coty Airspun) over my eyes before I used the primers*


*Remember, you can always click to enlarge to enlarge the pictures*
 Once blended, you wouldn't be able to tell which was which if it weren't for the labels.

I finished my eye makeup at exactly 1:00PM; using the same products and the same amount.

 
 Here's the makeup at exactly 7:00PM; exactly 6 hours later. I went to school in 75F degree weather, sat in an air conditioned room for hours and about an hour out doors. I did NO touch ups. You can see that there is NO creasing and the colors did not fade at all.



My verdict: They are both winners, but since elf is cheaper by $15, elf is more of a winner in my eyes, haha! I really regret buying UDPP since this cheaper product works exactly the same as a *high end* product. I feel jipped! I could have used that $15 on food or clothes or more makeup! I'm especially impressed by e.l.f's primer because my eyelids and overall face gets very oily throughout the day, and for it to withstand is all is amazing.

And here's my... EOTD (Eye of the Day), hehe :) Something neutral for school and going out to dinner with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment